Manchester City win 17-18 Premier League season - Stat Pack
Manchester City 17/18 Premier League Stats
Manchester City are Premier League Champions following a record breaking season for the East Manchester outfit. Please find below a roundup of some of this season’s numbers:
- Manchester City equalled the earliest Premier League title win with five games remaining in the season. The previous record was set by Manchester United in the 2000/01 season.
- Manchester City’s first record for the 17/18 season was secured back in December after they won 18 Premier League matches on the bounce – a run that began away to Bournemouth and ended with a 1-0 win at Newcastle United.
- City equalled the record of 11 away victories in a row when they beat Newcastle in November.
- City's possession figure of 82.13% in their game against Everton on 31 March is the highest maintained by an away team in a single Premier League game.
- Pep Guardiola became the first manager to win the Premier League Manager of the Month for four successive months.
- Manchester City only need two more victories from the remaining five games to equal Chelsea’s record of 30 Premier League wins in a season.
- Manchester City are on course to set a new goal difference record before the end of the season. With a current figure of +68, Chelsea’s +71 is only three away.
- Manchester City have scored 93 goals so far this season, they need to score 11 more to beat Chelsea’s record of 103 goals in a single Premier League season.
- If Manchester City secure another 8 points from a possible 15 in their remaining five games they will equal Chelsea’s record of 95 points in one season, three wins mean another City milestone.
- Kevin De Bruyne is poised to top the Premier League assists list, with teammates Leroy Sané and David Silva his closest competition.
- Nicolas Otamendi is on track to be the player with the most passes this season.
- Ederson is just one clean sheet behind David De Gea in the race for the Golden Glove.
As of 15 April 2018